Hitchin charity’s campaign dubbed a roaring success as T-shirt sales revealed
- Credit: Archant
The spirit of Hitchin’s community has continued to shine, as the town centre’s businesses maintain their support for the ‘We Are All Human Here’ campaign.
Humanitas, an international charity based in Bucklersbury that protects the world’s most vulnerable children, launched the We Are All Human Here campaign, with adorning slogans on T-shirts, at the tail end of September.
Since then, businesses across Hitchin’s town centre have been showing their support for the campaign, with T-shirt sales currently through the roof.
Jo Wearne, Humanitas’ UK director, said: “We wanted to create a simple campaign that sends a positive message out to our community – that we will not be divided by race, politics, religion or fear – and we are so happy that so many people in Hitchin are supporting our campaign.”
So far, more than £700 has been raised by Humanitas through their T-shirt sales – which will go towards funding international education and welfare projects in Romania and Ghana.
READ MORE: Hitchin charity’s positive campaign will fund international education and welfare projectsYou can buy a £15 campaign t-shirt from the following outlets:
• The Yoga Shed,
• Cantina Carnitas,
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
• Harvest Moon,
• H Town Rags,
• Riot Lounge,
• Shared Space
Those who buy T-shirts are encouraged to take a selfie and join the movement, by posting their picture online along with the hashtag – #WeAreAllHumanHere.