Hull City fans visit renamed Baldock pub en route to Wembley FA Cup final against Arsenal
- Credit: Archant
Around 200 Hull City fans stopped off at a specially renamed pub at the weekend ahead of the FA Cup final.
Supporters of the Yorkshire club met on Saturday at The Orange Tree pub in Baldock, which became ‘The Black and Amber Tree’ in ‘Hulldock’ to honour the team’s colours.
Pub licensee Rob Scahill said: “We had a group of about 40 Hull fans come down before the semi-final against Sheffield United in April.
“They heard of us because we won North Herts CAMRA’s pub of the year last year.
“We put some hot dogs on and they really enjoyed it. One of the group said to me that if they made the final they’d be back and asked me how many people the pub could fit in.
“I told him about 200 and a couple of days after they got through to the final he told me 200 of them would be coming down before the game.”
The Tigers fans visited the pub in Norton Road on their coach journey down to London’s Wembley Stadium, where they were defeated 3-2 against Arsenal after extra time.
- 1 Police warning after distraction thefts in Stevenage and North Herts
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 4 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 5 Trial date set for Met police officer from Stevenage accused of rape
- 6 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 7 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Long lost family of WWII pilot finally found after newspaper appeal
“It was an awesome day with a real family atmosphere,” Mr Scahill added.
“Everyone had some food and a few drinks and because of the weather most of the people were outside enjoying the sunshine. It was just a shame they didn’t win the final.”
For more pictures click on the gallery at the top right of the page.