Yellow weather warning remains in place for Hertfordshire, Beds and Cambs as rain and high winds lash the area
- Credit: Archant
Our area continues to be hit by high winds and heavy rain this morning with a yellow weather warning still in place.
The warning issued by the Met Office predicts strong winds until at least 7pm this evening.
The warning states: “A spell of strong and gusty winds is expected to move eastwards during Thursday. Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely with some journeys taking longer.
“Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges are also possible. There is also the potential for some short term loss of power supplies.”
There is currently a 90 per cent chance of rain across the area, falling to five per cent later this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Friday will be cold and cloudy with rain in the morning, but better weather is expected by Sunday.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine