CCTV images released following purse theft from woman in her 90s in Biggleswade
- Credit: Archant
A “distraught” elderly woman has had her purse, documents, and a significant amount of money stolen from her while shopping in Biggleswade.
On November 30 at about 2.15pm, a woman in her 90s was perusing M&S in the London retail park when a thief dipped into her handbag and took her purse.
It contained a considerable amount of money and other documents.
Police have released CCTV images of two women they would like to speak to following the incident.
Investigating PC James Holohan said: “This horrible theft of a vulnerable victim’s purse has left her distraught and has resulted in the loss of a substantial sum of money.
“We are keen to speak to the women pictured as they may be able to assist with our enquiries and I would urge anyone who recognises them or who has any information about the incident to call us.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 5 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant