Letchworth public toilets targeted by vandals again
- Credit: Archant
The public toilets at Howard Park and Gardens in Letchworth have been closed for the second time in two months following further vandalism.
The toilets, which are owned and managed by North Herts District Council, has the seats forcibly removed and discarded on the floor and the nearby kiosk was also defaced with offensive graffiti.
Officers from NHDC are working closely with the police to track down the perpetrators.
The toilets – which had only re-opened two weeks ago following an arson attack – have now been closed again until further notice.
Executive member for leisure councillor David Barnard said: “It is unbelievable that these toilets have yet again been targeted for more acts of mindless vandalism.
“The toilets are provided for public use and will now be unavailable to those who use the park and the nearby playground.
“This is completely unfair and we urge the public to remain vigilant and report any suspicious behaviour to the police immediately.”
- 1 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 2 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 7 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 8 National award for Hitchin property company
- 9 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 10 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting crime reference 41/23893/19.