How to Weather the Recession Storm
COUNCILLORS met last night (Wednesday) to discuss how to respond to the recession and weather the storm . Members of Stevenage Borough Council discussed ways to help residents during the economic crisis. Leader of the council, Sharon Taylor, said: It s
COUNCILLORS met last night (Wednesday) to discuss how to respond to the recession and "weather the storm".
Members of Stevenage Borough Council discussed ways to help residents during the economic crisis.
Leader of the council, Sharon Taylor, said: "It's always the most vulnerable who get hurt when times are hard."
Celia Twomey, strategic director, said the council can help people to maximise their income, manage their finances, look at debt problems, and search for jobs if they have been made redundant.
You may also want to watch:
She also said the council was looking to expand the Credit Union in the town, and explore affordable warmth.
For the full story see next week's Comet.
- 1 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory