Grade II listed farmhouse and equestrian facility near Stevenage up for sale
- Credit: Savills
A historic Grade II farmhouse and equestrian facility near Stevenage has been put up for sale for a cool £2.3 million.
The timber-framed farmhouse at Cromer Farm dates back to the 14th century, and has been restored and refurbished for modern living, with just under 6 acres of land on offer.
The idyllic property is a stone's throw away from neighbouring Walkern village and the town of Buntingford, and is a short drive to nearby Stevenage, Letchworth and Hitchin.
Exposed timbers and feature fireplaces meet five bedroom and three bathroom living, with formal gardens, a range of outhouses and "ready to go" equestrian facilities with stables and professional ménage.
There is also an old forge, piggery and detached Grade II listed granary on site, but newly installed heating, plumbing and electrics ensures the property boasts 21st century living standards.
Agents Savills say: "This charming Grade II listed farmhouse has been beautifully restored and sympathetically modernised from the ground up.
For more information, visit www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/98221232 or Savills, Bishops Stortford.
- 1 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 2 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 3 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 4 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 5 Pedestrians 'dicing with death' on new zebra crossing
- 6 'A lot more needs to be done' - Hitchin resident's petition for better street lighting in Westmill
- 7 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 8 Mental Health Awareness Week 2021: Students benefit from puppy power
- 9 Couple appeals to public to help find missing pension money
- 10 Marriotts School pays tribute to 'happy and vibrant' student Julia Blackham