Hitchin's Hanna is all smiles after winning Barratt Homes card competition
- Credit: Barratt Homes
A young girl from a Hitchin nursery and preschool has won a greeting cards design competition with national homebuilder Barratt Homes.
As part of its 'Welcome Home' campaign, the housebuilder reached out to nearby Kiddi Caru Day Nursery and Preschool in Grove Road, to help spread joy to residents at the new Lavender Grange development in Lower Stondon.
The competition saw children design greeting cards that would be given to new homebuyers, and local child Hanna was named the winner.
Hanna's cards will be printed and delivered to new residents moving in. She also received a £25 National Book token as a thank you for her efforts.
The theme of the county-wide competition for the nursery was all things home related and the children were encouraged to be as creative as possible, adding in pictures and details about the suburb they live in.
You may also want to watch:
Karly Williams, sales director at Barratt Homes North Thames, said: “It’s important to us to make new residents feel welcome as they join our new communities, and we’re thankful to the children at Kiddi Caru Day Nursery for helping us to do just that.
“Purchasers moving into their new homes is a great opportunity for greetings cards to be distributed and receiving a personal message from a local child will really put a smile on their faces.
- 1 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 2 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts as restrictions ease
- 3 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Resident calls for brighter street lights after 'shocking' fall leaves her seeking hospital treatment
- 6 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Letchworth teachers begin six-day strike over pension scheme withdrawal
- 8 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 9 PE teachers to run seven marathons in seven days
- 10 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
“We received a variety of inventive entries as part of the Welcome Home campaign and it was a difficult task choosing the winners, however we hope this project has inspired the imaginations of the children involved.”