Houses evacuated in Stevenage after suspected explosives found
- Credit: Archant
Police have evacuated 32 houses on Wisden Road after discovering items which may be explosive.
The items were discovered in a bin shed this morning after a man was arrested due to an unrelated event and his property was searched.
A police officer at the scene said: "While searching his flat this morning we found some items which may be explosive."
The bomb disposal team has set up a 50m corden on Wisden Road and are advising the public to avoid the area.
The officer added: "There is nothing to indicate the male who was arrested has anything to do with terrorism."
You may also want to watch:
He confirmed counter-terrorism officers had been and left after finding nothing.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus