House damaged after car crashes into it
A HOUSE has suffered structural damage after a man collided with it in his car and then fled the scene.
The car went through the front of the house on East Street, Lilley, late on Friday night.
Police were called to the incident shortly before midnight, and as well as a ground search, a helicopter was deployed to assist in locating the man, who had fled on foot.
The man, who was driving a red Porsche, also collided with a BMW prior to the crash. Both were damaged and subsequently dealt with by police.
Fire services also attended the incident and a structural engineer was called to assess the damage.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations are currently ongoing.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years