Houghton Regis man charged after van forced to stop by police near A1(M) Letchworth Gate junction
- Credit: Archant
A man who was arrested after police forced a van to stop on the A1(M) has now been charged.
Vinny Guess has been charged with going equipped to steal, with the 23-year-old appearing in a remand court this morning.
It follows a ‘suspicious vehicle’ being spotted by the road policing team near Junction 10 for Baldock Services as it headed southbound at about 3.50am on Monday.
The police car followed the van and brought it to a stop near Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate, before both men inside made off on foot.
Mr Guess, of Cherry Tree Walk in Houghton Regis, has been released on bail ahead of a trial.
You may also want to watch:
A second man was not detained and a police spokeswoman said that ‘enquiries are on-going’.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision