Hot rod show for brave Luca
A custom car and bike show will be held on Sunday in support of a young hot rod fan diagnosed with a brain tumour.
Hundreds of vehicles are expected at The Dun Cow pub in Stevenage to give 10-year-old Luca Allen a day to remember.
Luca, of Sish Lane, began a six-week course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy at Addednbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge this week, and money raised at the event organised by the Stevenage-based A602 Club will help his parents Virgil and Sonia meet daily travel expenses as well as provide days out for Luca after the treatment.
Club member and family friend David Patterson said: “Luca is showing a bravery that I find truly outstanding for someone so young and has not complained at all throughout this terrible situation. This is why so many of us are doing everything we can to give him as special a time as possible.”
The event, called The Luca Smile Show, starts at 11.30am with a barbeque and raffle taking place during the day.
You may also want to watch:
Businesses and individuals are being called on to donate prizes which can be handed in at The Dunn Cow.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'