Hospice Appeal: Cash builds up for hospice extension
THE cash keeps coming in for The Comet s charity of the year. The Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC received over £9,000 from the Hitchin Priory Rotary Club following a pancake festival in the town earlier this year. Almost £15,000 was raised during t
THE cash keeps coming in for The Comet's charity of the year.
The Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC received over £9,000 from the Hitchin Priory Rotary Club following a pancake festival in the town earlier this year.
Almost £15,000 was raised during the event. The rest of the money will go to other charities.
Rotary Club president David Sparkes said: "We are delighted that a light-hearted family event has raised funds for the hospice and other deserving causes.
You may also want to watch:
"We will be doing the same again next year, on Shrove Tuesday and the preceding Saturday."
AC Supply, which hires out and repairs power tools and fixings, raised £633 for the hospice by selling raffle tickets during an open day to celebrate its move into new premises in Icknield Way East, Letchworth GC.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
Managing director of AC Supply, Paul Ambrose, said: "It was a great day for staff, suppliers and customers alike, and it would have never been possible without the commitment and teamwork of all involved."
The cash brings the total raised from our appeal so far to £60,000 towards the £100,000 target needed to build a new extension.