Hopping fun at Hitchin school’s Easter Eggstravaganza
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Kids of all ages bounced with joy at a Hitchin school’s Easter Eggstravaganza at the weekend.
The event on Saturday, held by the parent-teacher association at Mary Exton Primary School, featured the Easter bunny and live animals including goats, rabbits, a tortoise, a hedgehog and a hairless guinea pig.
Just under £1,000 was raised, which will go towards rejuvenating the library at the St Michael’s Road school.
Sarah Daly from the organising team said: “It was really fantastic to see so many families come along to the Eggstravaganza, despite the wet weather.”
Activities included an indoor Easter egg hunt, craft activities involving egg decorating and egg maracas, guessing the name of the bunny and making spaghetti-and-marshmallow towers to hold chocolate eggs.
You may also want to watch:
The Mary Exton cheerleaders performed a routine to entertain everyone. The animals were provided by Wycomb Pastures Mobile Petting Farm.
The PTA thanked sponsors LV=, Tesco Express, Davies Veterinary Specialists, Voila Creations, The Grapevine, HobbyCraft, Standalone Farm, Quotidian Bakery, Broadway Cinema, Costa Coffee and Café Nero for their support.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 6 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket