Hopes moving Baldock weekly market will help businesses grow
- Credit: Archant
A town’s weekly market moved to a new location last week to help free up more space for customers to park.
The Baldock Charter Market, held every Wednesday, has moved from the car park on the High Street and is now on the pavement outside the White Lion pub.
This has freed up 40 car parking spaces on High Street, something which James Lunnon, chairman of Baldock Town Centre Partnership, says will help the market grow.
He said: “Moving the market out of the car park will help it grow. We are supporting it when a lot of places are seeing their weekly markets decline or close.
“We want to see a strong weekly market in Baldock and hope that this move will help more businesses and people to visit the town.”
You may also want to watch:
The market features a variety of stalls from vegetables to flowers and is held every Wednesday from 10am.
For more search for ‘Baldock Town’ on Facebook or visit www.baldocktown.co.uk.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!