Hooded robber chases youths in night knife terror
A HOODED knife man threatened two youths and chased them in a night time attempted robbery in Stevenage.
The 18-year-old victims told police how they were approached by a male in his late teens or early twenties holding a knife at around 9.20pm on Monday in a wooded area between Barnwell School east campus and Cromwell Road.
He demanded one of the youths drop the bicycle he was walking with.
The victims ran off with the bike into Cromwell Road but the assailant reappeared and threatened them. They continued to run towards the roundabout at the junction of Six Hills Way and Chells Way.
The offender is describe as black, around six feet tall and of medium build. He was wearing a black hooded top with the hood up and very baggy trousers. The bottom of his face was covered with a Burberry type black and white chequered bandana.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Emma Landucci, investigating, appealed to anyone who witnessed the incident, or has any information about it to get in touch with her via the non-emergency number 101.
“I am particularly keen to speak with a resident on Cromwell Road who may have disturbed the man trying to take the bike from the men when they opened a curtain,” she said.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home