Hooded men steal cash in village pub robbery
- Credit: Archant
TWO hooded men have made off with cash from a village pub safe after assaulting a member of staff.
The offenders threatened a male member of staff outside of The Crown in Aston End at about 11.30pm on Tuesday after the pub was closed.
The victim was assaulted and suffered an injury to his foot before the two men took money from a safe.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the robbery at the pub in Long Lane.
Both men are described as white, wearing black or dark clothing and hoods covering their faces.
You may also want to watch:
One was of a slim build, in his early 20s and about 6ft tall, and the other was of a medium build, aged in his late 20s and had a goatee beard.
Detective constable Neil Lancey said: “This is a serious incident which has understandably left the victim very shaken. I would urge anyone with information about what happened to contact police.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
Anyone with information is asked to call the police on non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.