Hooded man steals woman’s purse in Stevenage underpass
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN has had her purse stolen after a hooded man pushed her from behind in an underpass.
The victim, who is in her 30s, was walking through the underpass between Six Hills Way, Monkswood Way and Walden End in Stevenage when she was attacked at about 9.15pm on Friday.
The woman became aware of a man running up behind her before being pushed.
The offender was unable to steal the victim’s handbag but made off with her purse in the direction of Stevenage town centre.
Police have launched a witness appeal and a description of the offender.
The man is described as black, 5ft 8ins tall and of strong build. He was wearing dark clothing and a hooded top which he was wearing up.
Officers would also like to speak to a woman seen with a black Labrador who is believed to have walked towards the victim from the Walden End direction shortly after the incident.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Schools in Stevenage and North Herts share successes
- 2 Body found in wooded area of Stevenage
- 3 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 4 Man allegedly assaulted and robbed woman in Stevenage park
- 5 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 6 Man 'assaulted' and hit by chair in Baldock service station
- 7 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 8 'My mum was eligible for Covid-19 drugs - so why didn't she get them?'
- 9 Four Vauxhall cars stolen in North Herts
- 10 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
Anyone with information should contact detective constable Emma Landucci on police non-emergency number 101.