Home-Start gets a kick start
CHARITY supporters enjoyed a lovely day in the park as they took part in a sponsored walk to raise money. Home-Start Stevenage volunteers and members of their families went along throughout the day to walk the mile-and-a-half course in Fairlands Valley Pa
CHARITY supporters enjoyed a lovely day in the park as they took part in a sponsored walk to raise money.
Home-Start Stevenage volunteers and members of their families went along throughout the day to walk the mile-and-a-half course in Fairlands Valley Park as many times as they could.
Some of the youngest children managed three laps while the more determined completed up to 10.
Manager Lif Bishop said: "We were extremely lucky with the weather as rain had been forecast.
You may also want to watch:
"It was dry all day and not too hot - brilliant weather for walking. Even though the numbers were low on the day, we think we will have raised about £600, which is excellent for our first event of this type. Hopefully next year we can encourage more people to join in and support us!"
The event was part of Home-Start's drive to replace funding from the National Lottery, which accounts for a large chunk of their funding but comes to an end this year.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
Home-Start Stevenage, a charity which supports local families facing difficulties, is also looking for new volunteers to help with fundraising or visiting families at home. If you would like more information, ring 01438 367788.