Hitchin youngsters show off skate park plans
A GROUP of youngsters who have been working on designs to give their skatepark a revamp are ready to present their work to the public today (Sunday).
About 30 youths have been working on the plans for the King George V Skate Park in Hitchin for several months with Groundwork Hertfordshire.
They presented these to Hitchin area committee on Tuesday, and will now hold a consultation to ask the public for their views.
Diana Hedley, environmental youth worker at Groundwork Herts, said: “They’ve had a lot of fun with it, and doing the designs has been really exciting.
“It’s been a real focus, and they’ve had to work really hard.”
You may also want to watch:
The consultation will be held at the skate park from noon.
There will also be a skateboarding and BMX display, from 12.30 onwards.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation