Hitchin World Food and Music Day at Gatefold Records is huge hit
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s Hermitage Road was the place to be at the weekend as Gatefold Records hosted World Food and Music Day as part of the town’s ongoing festival.
The popular record store played host to the event that featured DJs playing music from around the world on Saturday.
Cult Hitchin style-icon and hairdresser Felix Camfield-Walker, owner of Farley’s Hair Emporium a few doors down, was on the decks spinning ska tunes, afrobeat, old-skool hip hop and Nigerian disco.
The afternoon also featured the mouth-watering falafel dishes of Hitchin chef Martin Burke as part of his pop-up middle eastern street food kitchen, as well as summer punch and craft beers.
Jak Uttley, joint owner of Gatefold with his partner Nicola Uttley, said afterwards: “Thank you to everyone who made our World Food and Music Day a huge success and awesome fun.”
You may also want to watch:
And Felix tweeted: “Japes. Thanks to all that came down.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village