Hitchin woman’s battle over faulty streetlight
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN who has been battling with a council for months over a faulty streetlight says she has “had enough”.
Janet Hollis, of Kingswood Avenue, Hitchin, has reported the faulty light, which is outside her home, a number of times since the problem started in November.
Although there have been two attempts to fix the light, she claims it always breaks again, and her protests are not being listened to.
“I just keep ringing up and ringing up [the county council], but nothing has been done,” she said.
“One time they came out and fixed it and it broke again after two days.
You may also want to watch:
“It was fixed the other day, but the man who came out said it was faulty and would break again. And it was on all night, when all the other lights were out.”
Herts County Council said it was aware of the issue, but that it was the responsibility of its contractor, Ringway.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
At the time of going to press, Ringway had not responded.