Hitchin woman’s battle over faulty streetlight
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN who has been battling with a council for months over a faulty streetlight says she has “had enough”.
Janet Hollis, of Kingswood Avenue, Hitchin, has reported the faulty light, which is outside her home, a number of times since the problem started in November.
Although there have been two attempts to fix the light, she claims it always breaks again, and her protests are not being listened to.
“I just keep ringing up and ringing up [the county council], but nothing has been done,” she said.
“One time they came out and fixed it and it broke again after two days.
“It was fixed the other day, but the man who came out said it was faulty and would break again. And it was on all night, when all the other lights were out.”
Herts County Council said it was aware of the issue, but that it was the responsibility of its contractor, Ringway.
- 1 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 2 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 3 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 4 Molly-Mae Hague announces pregnancy in adorable Instagram video
- 5 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 6 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 7 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 Standalone 10k keeps getting better and better says race boss
- 9 Over 55s invited to 'Ageing Together' event to improve housing needs
- 10 Stevenage stabbings: Three men suffer life-changing injuries
At the time of going to press, Ringway had not responded.