Hitchin woman dies following car collision
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN who was left seriously injured in a car collision three weeks’ ago died at the weekend.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the road traffic collision in Hitchin.
It happened on Saturday, March 16, and although the woman battled her injuries, she died at Lister Hospital on Saturday.
The woman, who was in her 50s, was crossing Paynes Park near to the junction with Nun’s Close around 7.10pm.
While she was crossing, she was in collision with a green Ford Mondeo that was travelling along the one-way road.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Pc Andy Ralph, from the Bed and Herts Collision Investigation Unit, said: “I am currently investigating the incident in order to establish the circumstances of what happened.
“I would urge anyone who saw the incident to get in touch with me via the police non-emergency number 101.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema