Hitchin woman arrested on suspicion of murder after Letchworth death
- Credit: Archant
A 52-year-old from Hitchin has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman died in Letchworth this week.
The woman, aged 26, was found at an address in Ivel Court on Tuesday evening and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers investigating have confirmed that they are treating her death as suspicious and have now arrested a 52-year-old woman, who remains in police custody.
Det Insp Fraser Wylie from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit said: “Our thoughts are with the victim’s family at this difficult time and they are being supported by specially trained officers.
“Understandably the wider community may be concerned by what has happened but I would like to reassure people that we are fully investigating the circumstances and an arrest has been made in connection with the incident. With this in mind it is important for us not to speculate to ensure the justice system can run its course.
You may also want to watch:
“A cordon remains in place to allow specialist investigations to take place and local residents will see both uniformed and non-uniformed officers making inquiries and offering reassurance.”
Enquiries are ongoing – anyone with information is asked to contact police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?