Hitchin Wine & Food Festival set to serve up some tasty treats
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin Wine and Food Festival will return for its 10th year next Saturday with an array of international street foods, desserts, fines wines and gins.
This year, event stalls will span across Market Place and along the High Street from 10am to 4pm, as well as independent wine vendors set up in Church House from 12pm to 6pm.
Hitchin Tilehouse Rotary Club runs the festival each year to raise money for various charities. This year, beneficiaries will include WaterAid, Children in Need, Dspraxia UK, The Samaritans.
This year’s patron and owner of The Heritage in Hitchin James Nye said: “It is a huge honour to be asked to be patron of the 2018 festival and to help promote all that’s good in food and drink in my hometown.
“Food and drink is the key ingredient in our own family business and it is events like this that makes for a fabulous community.”
You may also want to watch:
The wine and food festival – which is backed by the Comet – welcomes back old favourites such as the hog roast, barbecue, fried chicken, wood fired pizza and a range of international food including Turkish, Carribean and Mexican.
The festival also brings a range of cheeses, olives, vegetables, oils, chilli products, herbs and honey.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
For those with a sweet tooth, there will be the popular churros and crépes, ice-cream, cheesecake, Christmas puddings, brownies and handmade chocolates on offer.
President of Hitchin Tilehouse Rotary Club David McIntosh said: “Do come along to the Hitchin Wine and Food Festival.
“As well as the food and wine, you will meet friends and help to raise much needed funds for Rotary charities.”
This year, Rotary stalls will be selling bottled beers from the award-winning Tring Brewery.
There will be plenty of wine to go round in Church House, where several independent exhibitors will be giving samples and selling a selection of sparkling, white, red and dessert wines.
Every ticket for the Wine Festival in Church House includes free entry to a raffle with prizes including Tea for Two in Redcoats Farmhouse and a chocolate hamper from Hotel Chocolat. Tickets £5 online or £6 on the day.
To buy tickets online, search Eventbrite Hitchin Wine and Food Festival