Bake-off, dog show and more as Hitchin community garden’s open day is a hit
- Credit: Archant
There was yarnbombing, snailracing and welly wanging on Sunday at a Hitchin community garden’s open day.
The Triangle Community Garden open day at Ransom’s Recreation Ground was bursting with activities, sound and colour – with yarnbombers Hitchin Stichin adorning the garden with their woollen creations.
Garden City Samba’s drumming brought a carnival atmosphere to the day, and the Forever Hounds Trust held a much-enjoyed dog show.
There were also performances from Zumba Robert, the Hitchin Allstar Choir and the Lesnick School of Ballet, along with tours of the garden and its projects to help adults with learning disabilities lead healthy lives.
“We were delighted with the event,” said organiser Vicky Wyer. “It was our biggest and best open day yet, and filled Ransom’s Rec.
You may also want to watch:
“Huge thanks go to all those who helped behind the scenes, and to everyone who supported us. We raised over £1,400 for our projects.”
For more see trianglegarden.org.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation