Bake-off, dog show and more as Hitchin community garden’s open day is a hit
- Credit: Archant
There was yarnbombing, snailracing and welly wanging on Sunday at a Hitchin community garden’s open day.
The Triangle Community Garden open day at Ransom’s Recreation Ground was bursting with activities, sound and colour – with yarnbombers Hitchin Stichin adorning the garden with their woollen creations.
Garden City Samba’s drumming brought a carnival atmosphere to the day, and the Forever Hounds Trust held a much-enjoyed dog show.
There were also performances from Zumba Robert, the Hitchin Allstar Choir and the Lesnick School of Ballet, along with tours of the garden and its projects to help adults with learning disabilities lead healthy lives.
“We were delighted with the event,” said organiser Vicky Wyer. “It was our biggest and best open day yet, and filled Ransom’s Rec.
“Huge thanks go to all those who helped behind the scenes, and to everyone who supported us. We raised over £1,400 for our projects.”
For more see trianglegarden.org.
- 1 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 2 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs