Hitchin Town’s talented youth section honoured for achievements
- Credit: Archant
More than 350 talented young footballers turned out at the Hitchin campus of North Herts College for a youth presentation day to celebrate their achievements.
The junior footballers from Hitchin Town FC’s thriving youth section enjoyed the day at the Cambridge Road site as they were presented with trophies for their efforts throughout last season.
The event, which has taken place at Top Field in previous years, offered a number of fun attractions for the academy players and their parents including bouncy castles and a penalty speed-shooting game donated for the day by the MacronStore in Letchworth.
There was also a barbecue – with the mouth-watering fayre kindly donated by bakers Days of Ashwell and Trussells Butchers in Letchworth.
Youth chairman Paul Males told the Comet: “The presentation day topped off a very successful 2016-2017 season throughout all our different age groups.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had teams winning their individual leagues in both the Royston Crow and Mid Herts League, with cup and tournament wins as well.
“As Hitchin Town youth expands we are always looking for anyone who may be able to volunteer some time to come and help us run our club, and help give it a community feel – as without volunteers the club would not be able to function.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
“We are also on the lookout for any businesses that may be willing to offer sponsorship to help us move forward.”
If you would like to learn more about becoming involved – as a player, helper or a sponsor – then contact Paul at email@example.com.