Third date added to discuss North Herts Museum debacle
- Credit: Archant
A further date has been announced as the final evidence session of the Hitchin Town Hall and North Herts Museum panel review – which is meeting to discuss what lessons can be learned from a project which was beset by delays.
The hearings were originally due to conclude on Friday last week, however the panel will now meet for a third time on August 2.
This date follows on from two sessions where key witnesses from North Herts District Council, Hitchin Town Hall and other organisations were questioned by the panel about their experience of partnership working related to the project.
The final session will start at 10am at the council offices in Letchworth to accommodate those witnesses who were unable to make earlier sessions. The panel consists of an independent chair, John Richardson, and four elected NHDC councillors from across all three political parties.
Mr Richardson said: "We are pleased with how the panel review has progressed so far and the forthcoming session on August 2 will be our final oral evidence session.
You may also want to watch:
"We thank those who submitted evidence, as it has helped the panel to have a better understanding of the project and what lessons can be learnt for future partnership working."
Following the oral sessions, a report will be produced and presented to the council's Overview and Scrutiny Committee at a later date.
For further information go to north-herts.gov.uk/hitchintownhallreview.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 7 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 10 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled