Hitchin Town FC Top Field clash set for campaign stand
PEOPLE opposed to plans for Top Field are being encouraged to head to Hitchin Town Football Club’s home-tie this weekend.
The club face Evo-Stik Southern rivals Stourbridge on Saturday. Just two points separate the teams, with Stourbridge having the advantage at the moment.
All those who are opposed to the plans to kick the club off Top Field and build a new stadium on Green Belt in St Ippolyts are being asked to go along and show their support, in a bid to show the Hitchin Cow Commoner’s Trust that the town wants the club to keep its home.
It follows a drawing unveiled last month, which reveals plans to build a superstore on the site. The drawing was not submitted as a planning application, but a screening opinion asking council officers whether an environmental assessment of the sites needed to be taken.
At Hitchin area committee on Tuesday, many councillors reiterated views that they were against the plans.
“The proposals for Top Field does have Highways aspects, it does have issues to do with visual impact and issues for the residents surrounding Top Field,” said Cllr David Billing.
To show your support for the club, head to Top Field for a 3pm kick-off. Tickets cost �10 for adults, �6 for concessions and �2 for under 16s.
- 1 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know