Hitchin Town FC’s Top Field to host Amy Winehouse footballers today
- Credit: Archant
A charity football match in aid of the Amy Winehouse Foundation is set to take to place at Hitchin Town FC later today.
The game between a team representing the late singer’s foundation and a side called Tottenham Hotspur Legends will kick off at 2pm this afternoon.
Canaries manager Mark Burke said: “We hope as many people as possible visit Top Field in aid of a very worthwhile cause.”
Organiser Dan Gaze said: “I’ve been running a charity football team for the Amy Winehouse Foundation for the last couple of years and wanted to do something on a bigger scale so we managed to enlist the help of the Spurs Legends team.
“We will have people like Tony Galvin, Darren Anderton and Mark Falcao playing, and hope to see as many people as possible attend today, to raise as much money as possible for a great cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced at £5 per adult and £3 per child with kids under the age of five free. Doors open 12.30pm. Call Dan on 07787 446670.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?