Hitchin Town FC’s Top Field to host Amy Winehouse footballers today
- Credit: Archant
A charity football match in aid of the Amy Winehouse Foundation is set to take to place at Hitchin Town FC later today.
The game between a team representing the late singer’s foundation and a side called Tottenham Hotspur Legends will kick off at 2pm this afternoon.
Canaries manager Mark Burke said: “We hope as many people as possible visit Top Field in aid of a very worthwhile cause.”
Organiser Dan Gaze said: “I’ve been running a charity football team for the Amy Winehouse Foundation for the last couple of years and wanted to do something on a bigger scale so we managed to enlist the help of the Spurs Legends team.
“We will have people like Tony Galvin, Darren Anderton and Mark Falcao playing, and hope to see as many people as possible attend today, to raise as much money as possible for a great cause.”
Tickets are priced at £5 per adult and £3 per child with kids under the age of five free. Doors open 12.30pm. Call Dan on 07787 446670.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 9 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 10 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport