Hitchin Town confirm second legendary former Arsenal player to join Pat Rice at Top Field floodlight inauguration match
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin Town have announced another special Arsenal guest will be at their ‘pay what you want’ match with the Premier League giants to mark the inauguration of their floodlights.
Brian Talbot has been confirmed as another Gunners hero attending the Canaries match against an Arsenal XI on Thursday, November 10 at Top Field, and will now join red and white legend Pat Rice on the night.
He holds the unique distinction of winning the FA Cup in consecutive seasons, for Ipswich Town in 1978 – who, ironically beat the Gunners 1-0 in the final – and then for Arsenal, who beat Manchester United 3-2 in 1979 in what will be forever known as the ‘five-minute final’.
Brian – who made 254 appearances for the North Londoners between 1979 and 1985, netting 40 goals for the club and who also won six England caps – was voted as the club’s 23rd best Arsenal player of all time.
Hitchin Town secretary Roy Izzard told the Comet: “We’re pleased to announce Brian will be another special guest at the match against an Arsenal XI to mark the inauguration of our new floodlights.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to welcoming him to Top Field.”
Hithcin Town v Arsenal XI, Thursday, November 10, kick off 7.45pm. Fans can pay what they want for tickets.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans