Hitchin to feature in BBC’s Just William
SCENES filmed at The British Schools Museum in Hitchin are due to feature this Christmas in a remake of the much loved TV program and book ‘Just William’.
Crews shot school scenes in the Gallery Classroom at the museum in August. The series will be broadcast on TV next week.
The room, which was opened at the museum more than 150 years ago, was transformed by set designers into William’s classroom of 1954.
‘Outnumbered’ star Daniel Roche plays William Brown, with Bruce MacKinnon, Denis Lawson and John Sessions also appearing amongst the cast.
“It was a pleasure to welcome the BBC film crew to the museum,” said Terry Ransome, a museum trustee.
“I’ve recently seen a preview and I am certain the series will be thoroughly enjoyed by young and old. The Christmas editions of all the TV guides are all giving it rave reviews.”
Hitchin isn’t the only town in Comet country to appear in the series, as Bennington Lordship Gardens in Stevenage was used as the backdrop for William’s nemesis Violet-Elizabeth Bott house.
- 1 Four vehicles crash on A602 near Stevenage
- 2 Person dies after being hit by train between Hatfield and Finsbury Park
- 3 Recap: Person 'hit by a train' between Welwyn Garden City and London
- 4 Woman's purse 'stolen' outside Stevenage Tesco
- 5 Apply for free tickets to see new season of The Masked Singer being filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Beauty products worth 'thousands of pounds' stolen from Hitchin Sainsbury's
- 7 '£1,200 worth of damage' caused during motorbike vandalism
- 8 Stevenage's Forster Country: 'Secret plans' for car park and toilet block
- 9 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 10 Tesco and Aldi among supermarkets issuing 'do not eat' warnings
The four episodes will be screened on BBC1 daily at lunchtimes between December 28 and 31.