Hitchin to feature in BBC’s Just William
SCENES filmed at The British Schools Museum in Hitchin are due to feature this Christmas in a remake of the much loved TV program and book ‘Just William’.
Crews shot school scenes in the Gallery Classroom at the museum in August. The series will be broadcast on TV next week.
The room, which was opened at the museum more than 150 years ago, was transformed by set designers into William’s classroom of 1954.
‘Outnumbered’ star Daniel Roche plays William Brown, with Bruce MacKinnon, Denis Lawson and John Sessions also appearing amongst the cast.
“It was a pleasure to welcome the BBC film crew to the museum,” said Terry Ransome, a museum trustee.
“I’ve recently seen a preview and I am certain the series will be thoroughly enjoyed by young and old. The Christmas editions of all the TV guides are all giving it rave reviews.”
Hitchin isn’t the only town in Comet country to appear in the series, as Bennington Lordship Gardens in Stevenage was used as the backdrop for William’s nemesis Violet-Elizabeth Bott house.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Cyclist remains in hospital after collision with bus
The four episodes will be screened on BBC1 daily at lunchtimes between December 28 and 31.