Hitchin to feature in BBC’s Just William
SCENES filmed at The British Schools Museum in Hitchin are due to feature this Christmas in a remake of the much loved TV program and book ‘Just William’.
Crews shot school scenes in the Gallery Classroom at the museum in August. The series will be broadcast on TV next week.
The room, which was opened at the museum more than 150 years ago, was transformed by set designers into William’s classroom of 1954.
‘Outnumbered’ star Daniel Roche plays William Brown, with Bruce MacKinnon, Denis Lawson and John Sessions also appearing amongst the cast.
“It was a pleasure to welcome the BBC film crew to the museum,” said Terry Ransome, a museum trustee.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve recently seen a preview and I am certain the series will be thoroughly enjoyed by young and old. The Christmas editions of all the TV guides are all giving it rave reviews.”
Hitchin isn’t the only town in Comet country to appear in the series, as Bennington Lordship Gardens in Stevenage was used as the backdrop for William’s nemesis Violet-Elizabeth Bott house.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
The four episodes will be screened on BBC1 daily at lunchtimes between December 28 and 31.