Hitchin ticket machine targeted by thief
- Credit: Archant
A ticket machine in Hitchin has been targeted in one of two incidents being linked by police.
A thief attempted to break into a machine in Christchurch car park on Bedford Road in Hitchin at some point between 3pm on Tuesday, January 21, and 10am on Wednesday, January 22.
Failing to do so, the offender made off in an unknown direction.
During the same time frame a ticket machine was also targeted from The Warren car park in Royston and cash stolen.
Police Community Support Officer Sarah Jeffery said: “We currently believe that these incidents could be linked.
You may also want to watch:
“I am appealing for anyone who was in the area of these car parks during the stated times, and saw anyone acting suspiciously around the pay and display machines, to get in contact with me as soon as possible.
“I would also ask people to contact police as soon as they can if they see anyone tampering with car park ticket machines.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime numbers G1/14/184 (Hitchin) and G4/14/46 (Royston) .
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.