Hitchin ticket machine targeted by thief
- Credit: Archant
A ticket machine in Hitchin has been targeted in one of two incidents being linked by police.
A thief attempted to break into a machine in Christchurch car park on Bedford Road in Hitchin at some point between 3pm on Tuesday, January 21, and 10am on Wednesday, January 22.
Failing to do so, the offender made off in an unknown direction.
During the same time frame a ticket machine was also targeted from The Warren car park in Royston and cash stolen.
Police Community Support Officer Sarah Jeffery said: “We currently believe that these incidents could be linked.
“I am appealing for anyone who was in the area of these car parks during the stated times, and saw anyone acting suspiciously around the pay and display machines, to get in contact with me as soon as possible.
“I would also ask people to contact police as soon as they can if they see anyone tampering with car park ticket machines.”
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime numbers G1/14/184 (Hitchin) and G4/14/46 (Royston) .
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.