Hitchin teen sentenced to four years in prison for string of offences
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old man from Hitchin has been sentenced to four years in prison for a number of offences, including possession of drugs and bladed articles.
Omar Joof, of Milestone Road, was charged with 15 offences, all committed between March 2019 and July 2020.
His crimes included possession with intent to supply class A drugs, such as crack, cocaine and heroin.
He was also found in possession of a bladed article and charged with offering to supply and being in possession of class B drugs.
Joof was guilty of a public order offence where he spat at a PCSO, and being in breach of a Community Protection Notice.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on the sentencing Detective Inspector Angela Griffiths said: “This is an excellent result.
“Omar Joof is a prolific offender, who has blighted the community in which he lives.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
“My officers have been determined to bring him to justice and I commend their hard work, which has finally resulted in a prison sentence.
“I also hope this sends out a clear message to those who associate with Joof and to the local community, that if you continually break the law we will pursue you until justice is served.”