Hitchin teacher nominated in Comet Community Awards
- Credit: Archant
A secondary school teacher is among the first nominees for this year’s Comet Community Awards.
Christine Jones, who works as the student development co-ordinator at Hitchin Girls’ School, has been nominated for the Teacher of the Year category.
Her name was put forward by parent Jacqui Asad, whose daughter attends the school in Highbury Road.
Mrs Asad said: “I would personally like to thank Mrs Jones for her tireless and consistent support that has never wavered thoughout the time I have known her. One day I will look back knowing the time invested by people like Mrs Jones will have helped my daughter reach her true potential. We feel very blessed to have caring people like her around.
“She deserves acknowledgement for what she does more than anyone I have ever met. She deserves it for being there for others, for her knowledge, for her kind heart and for wanting the best for all the kids in her care.
You may also want to watch:
“I know all members of staff have the best interest of students at the forefront of their minds. However, some people really go beyond the boundaries of dedication to make a difference and Mrs Jones can only be described as a ‘jewel’ in the crown of Hitchin Girls’ School.”
The Comet Community Awards aim to recognise inspirational people, and this year’s 12 award categories include Role Model of the Year, Charity Champion, Good Neighbour, Young Achiever and Great and Green.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
If there is someone you think deserves to be recognised at this year’s awards ceremony being held in May, visit www.cometcommunityawards.co.uk and fill in the form.
The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday, April 25.