Hitchin talent youngsters to take centre stage at Rhythms
TWO young people will have the chance to take centre stage at this year’s Rhythms of the World festival.
The winners of Hitchin’s Got Talent will be chosen to perform at the Hitchin Festival on the weekend of July 14 and 15.
The talent competition, which is organised by The Voice of Hitchin Youth and supported by North Herts District Council (NHDC), will be held on Saturday, June 30 at Hitchin Town Hall.
Molly Hughes, member of the Voice of Hitchin Youth, said: “I took part in last year’s talent contest with a friend and it was a really fantastic experience.
“Voice of Hitchin Youth gives young people the chance to have their say and get involved with projects that are important to us.
“We are always looking for new members and would like to encourage as many people as possible along to take part in the talent contest.”
Young people interested in entering should be between 11 and 18-years-old.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 3 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 4 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 5 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 6 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 7 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 8 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
- 9 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 10 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
Their talent can be anything, and as a solo artists, or part of the group.
Judges will be on the lookout for fresh new talent, and entrants must not have performed at any previous RotW festivals.
Cllr Tricia Cowley, NHDC portfolio holder for community engagement and rural affairs, said: “Hitchin’s youth talent competition is a great way for young people to show off their talent and gives them the chance to perform in front of around 15,000 people ate Rhythms of the World, which is a huge achievement.
“This is why we are proud to be involved in this exciting initiative.”
To enter the competition or for more information, email email@example.com or visit www.voiceofhitchinyouth.com
The deadline for entering the competition is June 22.