Hitchin style guru Kelly hopes Adele will pop by at Glastonbury
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a successful Hitchin salon is hoping to style the hair of celebrities at the world’s most famous music festival next week.
Kelly Summerfield, who runs Style Me in Churchgate, has a pop-up hair salon in a VIP tent at the globally-renowned Glastonbury music festival which starts on Wednesday, June 22, and runs through until Sunday, June 26.
There will be a British-themed headline line-up for this year’s event at Michael Eavis’ Worthy Farm in the West Country – including best-selling popstar Adele, along with bands Muse and Coldplay.
And talented Kelly will be ready and hoping she’ll be able to apply her skills on the hair of the North London born female musician and icon – who has tugged at the planet’s heartstrings with powerful love ballards such as Someone Like You and Hello.
Kelly’s pop-up salon will also cater for BBC Radio 1 stars who’ll be covering the event for the national broadcaster on TV and radio – including Fearne Cotton.
You may also want to watch:
Kelly said: “I’d love to do Adele’s or Fearne Cotton’s hair through my pop-up hair salon.
“It’s a great honour to be able to have the chance to colour celebrities hair at Glastonbury.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“I’ve been working in five-star salons for more than 16 years and I love what I do – which is shown in my work.
“Style Me is growing all the time and offers an extensive range of services from cutting-edge styling to the latest colouring techniques.
“We’ve had great feedback from customers who leave us feeling stylish and special!”
Kelly has also shown her caring side with a ‘Handbag Drop’ in which customers donated bags to raise money for Letchworth’s Garden House Hospice Care – and plans to do another one this year.
Call 01462 442553 if you want to book an appointment.