Hitchin style guru Kelly hopes Adele will pop by at Glastonbury
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a successful Hitchin salon is hoping to style the hair of celebrities at the world’s most famous music festival next week.
Kelly Summerfield, who runs Style Me in Churchgate, has a pop-up hair salon in a VIP tent at the globally-renowned Glastonbury music festival which starts on Wednesday, June 22, and runs through until Sunday, June 26.
There will be a British-themed headline line-up for this year’s event at Michael Eavis’ Worthy Farm in the West Country – including best-selling popstar Adele, along with bands Muse and Coldplay.
And talented Kelly will be ready and hoping she’ll be able to apply her skills on the hair of the North London born female musician and icon – who has tugged at the planet’s heartstrings with powerful love ballards such as Someone Like You and Hello.
Kelly’s pop-up salon will also cater for BBC Radio 1 stars who’ll be covering the event for the national broadcaster on TV and radio – including Fearne Cotton.
Kelly said: “I’d love to do Adele’s or Fearne Cotton’s hair through my pop-up hair salon.
“It’s a great honour to be able to have the chance to colour celebrities hair at Glastonbury.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Schools in Stevenage and North Herts share successes
- 2 Body found in wooded area of Stevenage
- 3 Man 'assaulted' and hit by chair in Baldock service station
- 4 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 5 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 6 Man allegedly assaulted and robbed woman in Stevenage park
- 7 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 8 'My mum was eligible for Covid-19 drugs - so why didn't she get them?'
- 9 Four Vauxhall cars stolen in North Herts
- 10 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
“I’ve been working in five-star salons for more than 16 years and I love what I do – which is shown in my work.
“Style Me is growing all the time and offers an extensive range of services from cutting-edge styling to the latest colouring techniques.
“We’ve had great feedback from customers who leave us feeling stylish and special!”
Kelly has also shown her caring side with a ‘Handbag Drop’ in which customers donated bags to raise money for Letchworth’s Garden House Hospice Care – and plans to do another one this year.
Call 01462 442553 if you want to book an appointment.