Hitchin store nominated for prize at ‘bridal Oscars’
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin wedding dress shop is set to swap the aisle for the red carpet having been nominated for a top national award at the ‘Bridal Oscars’.
Morgan Davies Bridal, based in Sun Street, has been named a finalist at this year’s Bridal Buyer Awards.
The family-run business was founded in 1990 by mother and daughter team Carol Davies and Samantha Weston after they recognised the need for a professional boutique dedicated to all things bridal.
Managing director Ms Weston said: “The Bridal Buyer Awards is the wedding industry’s equivalent of the Oscars. Making the final is such a huge achievement for us.
“We are passionate about providing fashion-forward, elegant and beautiful dresses for every single one of our customers. Most brides will have been planning their wedding day since childhood, so it’s vital we make their dream a reality. Everyone has the right to feel like a million dollars on their big day.”
Bridal Buyer has been acknowledged as the leading awards for the bridal industry in UK, bringing the companies and individuals who have excelled into the spotlight and applauding their success.
The annual event is held alongside the Harrogate Bridal Show, the largest and longest running bridal buying event in the UK.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
Secret shoppers will be sent to all finalists before a panel of judges from the wedding industry decide on the top entries.
Organisers said: “Our aim is to provide a robust and transparent judging process that provides clarity and confidence to all involved.”
The winners will be unveiled at the ceremony on Monday, September 11.