Hitchin church to help next generation look at life’s big questions every Third Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s historic St Mary’s Church is set to help the next generation look at life’s big questions with a new Sunday morning club aimed at youngsters.
Third Sunday, which will be held in the town centre church at 11.15am on the third Sunday of each month, starts this weekend on September 17.
The new monthly morning of storytelling, crafts, games and more is the brainchild of Rev Dan Drew and Canon Michael Roden, the rector of Hitchin.
Michael told the Comet: “Hitchin is changing fast, and the church needs to make sure it’s helping the next generation of Hitchin explore the big questions of life.
“The church is the keeper of a fantastic set of stories about life and God and how we can live well. We hope that this service will be an enjoyable way for children and adults to think about the meaning of life.”
Dan added: “This is aimed at families, and builds on the work of the current storyteller service we have once a month.
“I am really excited about this opportunity to develop our provision and meet new people.
- 1 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 2 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 3 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 8 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 9 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 10 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
“The people of Hitchin love St Mary’s, and we want to continue to address how we may reach the whole community – creating a place for people to come and explore the Christian story.”
After this weekend, the next dates for Third Sunday are October 15 and November 19.
Other upcoming events at St Mary’s include a charity concert at the church on Saturday, October 14, by the Hitchin Rock Choir in aid of the Samaritans.