Hitchin church to help next generation look at life’s big questions every Third Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s historic St Mary’s Church is set to help the next generation look at life’s big questions with a new Sunday morning club aimed at youngsters.
Third Sunday, which will be held in the town centre church at 11.15am on the third Sunday of each month, starts this weekend on September 17.
The new monthly morning of storytelling, crafts, games and more is the brainchild of Rev Dan Drew and Canon Michael Roden, the rector of Hitchin.
Michael told the Comet: “Hitchin is changing fast, and the church needs to make sure it’s helping the next generation of Hitchin explore the big questions of life.
“The church is the keeper of a fantastic set of stories about life and God and how we can live well. We hope that this service will be an enjoyable way for children and adults to think about the meaning of life.”
You may also want to watch:
Dan added: “This is aimed at families, and builds on the work of the current storyteller service we have once a month.
“I am really excited about this opportunity to develop our provision and meet new people.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
“The people of Hitchin love St Mary’s, and we want to continue to address how we may reach the whole community – creating a place for people to come and explore the Christian story.”
After this weekend, the next dates for Third Sunday are October 15 and November 19.
Other upcoming events at St Mary’s include a charity concert at the church on Saturday, October 14, by the Hitchin Rock Choir in aid of the Samaritans.