New Hitchin Society committee calls for new members to get involved
- Credit: Archant
The Hitchin Society is back, under a new committee – and they’re keen for others to help them do their bit for the town.
The society, which has long been the voice of Hitchin on matters to do with planning and the environment, had been set to close after 56 years before Julian Hedley rallied friends to save it.
As part of their efforts to raise its profile, they have created a new website.
“We’re now looking to appeal to a wider cross section of the community who also love Hitchin as much as we do,” said Julian.
“Seven new committee members have taken on the challenge, and we have our summer launch event in the garden at The Red Hart next Tuesday, August 14, at 7.30pm.
“We are looking for new members who, like us, take pride in the town in which we live – and want to make sure that care is taken over the town’s future development.”
To find out more, have a look at hitchinsociety.org.uk.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 6 Cyclist remains in hospital after collision with bus
- 7 Council leader and competitive figure skater takes to the ice
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party