New Hitchin Society committee calls for new members to get involved
- Credit: Archant
The Hitchin Society is back, under a new committee – and they’re keen for others to help them do their bit for the town.
The society, which has long been the voice of Hitchin on matters to do with planning and the environment, had been set to close after 56 years before Julian Hedley rallied friends to save it.
As part of their efforts to raise its profile, they have created a new website.
“We’re now looking to appeal to a wider cross section of the community who also love Hitchin as much as we do,” said Julian.
“Seven new committee members have taken on the challenge, and we have our summer launch event in the garden at The Red Hart next Tuesday, August 14, at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking for new members who, like us, take pride in the town in which we live – and want to make sure that care is taken over the town’s future development.”
To find out more, have a look at hitchinsociety.org.uk.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust