Hitchin slimmers donate clothes to raise more than £1,250 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin slimmers have raised more than £1,250 for charity by donating old clothes they no longer need.
Bags of clothes, shoes and more have been collected as part of the Big Slimming World Clothes Throw, held at Hitchin’s Slimming World groups this week.
The bags will be donated to Cancer Resarch UK shops in the area.
Marie Gill, who runs a Slimming World group at St Andrew’s School in Benslow Lane, said: “I knew our members were amazing but I didn’t expect such an incredible level of effort – wow!
“Collecting the bags up to take to local Cancer Research shops was a bit of a workout in itself but so worth it. To raise funds for a charity that does so much to beat cancer feels amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully this campaign and our efforts for charity will help inspire more people in our gorgeous town of Hitchin to improve their health and change their lives by losing weight too.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright