Hitchin shop’s silver anniversary prompts plea for dresses
- Credit: Archant
Have you been a blushing bride at any time over the last 25 years? If so, and if you got your dress from a particular Hitchin bridal boutique, they want to hear from you.
Recent brides and those just about to mark their silver wedding anniversary are being invited to take a trip down memory lane and put their wedding dresses on display as part of the store’s own 25th anniversary celebrations.
Sun Street-based Morgan Davies Bridal, formerly known as The Bridal Room, has urged customers who bought a dress between 1990 and 2005 to get in touch with them.
The boutique wants to share the occasion with as many customers as possible, and it’s reckoned that more than 10,000 brides have passed through its doors over the past quarter of a century.
Director Samantha Weston said: “I can’t wait to see all the brides and gowns from when we first opened the shop.
“We’ve helped thousands of brides since we opened – and every single one of them is special.
“Your wedding day is arguably the biggest day of your life and we’re privileged to play a major part in it.
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 5 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 6 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 7 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 8 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 9 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 10 Alice, 10, set to chop long locks for Ukraine aid
“We’ve met wonderful brides over the years, and we’d love to welcome them back and help celebrate our own anniversary.
“It’s incredible how much the wedding industry has changed over the past 25 years – gowns have become far more adventurous, and the big day has just got bigger.
“It’ll be wonderful to see the evolution of gowns from the day we opened to the present day.”
Morgan Davies will clean and press the gowns before displaying them in the windows of its premises, before returning them to their owners in a bespoke bridal box.
The anniversary celebrations will take place on Thursday, May 28, by private invitation.
Customers wishing to feature their dresses in the display should call 01462 432889 to request an invitation or visit www.morgandavieshitchin.co.uk.
Hitchin girl Alexa Taylor, who is hoping to represent GB in this year’s Miss Universe, will be among those on the guest list at the event. Turn to page 8 to find out more.