Hitchin: Shakespeare fan Kate needs your support in her bid to reach Miss England final!
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin actress, businesswoman and Shakespeare enthusiast has been busy this week drumming up support from people in the town to help her reach the final of Miss England.
Drama graduate Kate Gee-Finch, 24, from Ninesprings Way, not only runs her own children’s party company in between trying to fulfil her dream of become an actress for the Royal Shakespeare Drama Company – but has found time to make it to the semi-finals of Miss England.
The Bard of Avon fan told the Comet: “I got an email asking if I wanted to apply for Miss England.
“My immediate thought was: ‘It’s not for me’. But when I looked into it I found it’s about raising money for charity, and finding a girl they want to represent England on personality, not looks.
“It’s all been a little crazy since then. I attend a lot of auditions so I didn’t bother telling my parents straight away in case nothing came of it.
You may also want to watch:
“But after I got through to the semis I sat them down and told them – they were really pleased for me.”
Kate, has two elder brothers – one’s an actor and model and the other designs Playstation games. Kate explained: “Creativity and a head for business runs in our family. I’m a big Shakespeare fan and I’ve appeared on stage at The Globe theatre in London. My long-term goal is to act with the RSC. I attended a day’s workshop which was a great experience but for a particular role they were looking for ‘bulky men’ rather than someone like me!
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 4 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 8 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
“I’m determined to keep knocking at their door and keep auditioning.”
At drama school in Birmingham she held down three jobs – working in a theatre box office, dressing as a Disney Princess at children’s parties, and as a sales assistant in a designer store. After obtaining a first class honours degree the experience gave her an idea to set up her own business supplying actors for Princess-themed kids’ birthday parties – which now includes children of celebrities.
Coy Katie admitted: “One client is a well-known singer.”
Let’s hope Kate hits the right notes in her bid to become reach the final of Miss England.
To vote text MISS SEMI06 to 63333. Text votes costs 50p. Voting ends midday, Friday October, 28.
Or vote by calling 0901 307 1218 and then enter the two digit code of the contestant when prompted. Phone votes costs 52p plus standard network rate.