Hitchin ‘serial slasher’ attacks another seven cars – bringing total to 14 this week
- Credit: Archant
The ‘serial slasher’ in Hitchin has struck 14 times since Monday, with police today confirming a further seven incidents.
The latest knifings occurred in Whitehurst Avenue which saw two tyres of a blue Vauxhall slashed between 5pm on Monday afternoon and 9am on Tuesday morning, with a pair of wheels also punctured on a silver Volvo between the same times.
A driver of a VW van in Kershaw’s Hill also had a tyre lacerated between 10.30pm on Tuesday night and 9am on Wednesday morning, with a resident in Bearton Avenue having two tyres of a black Skoda sliced by a sharp blade around the same times.
A black Land Rover on Highbury Road also had two tyres slit between 5pm on Monday evening and 8.40am on Tuesday morning, with two further incidents reported on Lancaster Avenue – as two tyres of a red Seat were slashed and a tyre of a Ford Fiesta also targeted.
These attacks follow previously reported incidents in Lancaster Avenue, York Road, Baliol Road, Lyle’s Row and St Andrew’s Place.
You may also want to watch:
Call police on 101 if you have any information.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?