Hitchin ‘serial slasher’ attacks another seven cars – bringing total to 14 this week
- Credit: Archant
The ‘serial slasher’ in Hitchin has struck 14 times since Monday, with police today confirming a further seven incidents.
The latest knifings occurred in Whitehurst Avenue which saw two tyres of a blue Vauxhall slashed between 5pm on Monday afternoon and 9am on Tuesday morning, with a pair of wheels also punctured on a silver Volvo between the same times.
A driver of a VW van in Kershaw’s Hill also had a tyre lacerated between 10.30pm on Tuesday night and 9am on Wednesday morning, with a resident in Bearton Avenue having two tyres of a black Skoda sliced by a sharp blade around the same times.
A black Land Rover on Highbury Road also had two tyres slit between 5pm on Monday evening and 8.40am on Tuesday morning, with two further incidents reported on Lancaster Avenue – as two tyres of a red Seat were slashed and a tyre of a Ford Fiesta also targeted.
These attacks follow previously reported incidents in Lancaster Avenue, York Road, Baliol Road, Lyle’s Row and St Andrew’s Place.
Call police on 101 if you have any information.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 8 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 9 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 10 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds