Hitchin community hub relaunch with parents’ Nurture Week
- Credit: Archant
The Secret Garden in Hitchin is set to support parents with the launch of its nurturing week and community hub.
During its relaunch week starting on Monday, November 12, the community hub will be offering advice, pampering and in-house expert support to parents who may be struggling with depression, anxiety and loneliness.
The week will see representatives from Birth and Baby Information, Education and Support – BABIES – and The Simple Birth Company who will speak with parents on Wednesday from 6.30pm until 9pm.
During the relaunch, the play area and café will open its three MamaBabyBliss Sanctuary spaces, which will be dedicated to nurturing and pampering parents and babies through pregnancy and post-natal yoga and massage, Daddy workshops and baby massage and yoga.
Founder of MamaBabyBliss and pre- and post-natal wellbeing expert Justina Perry said: “Our mission is to create a dedicated space and community hub for parents, carers, babies, toddlers and children to enjoy and experience the best support, expertise and services.
You may also want to watch:
“During Nurture Week, we will be offering a range of free activities and expert-led events from pregnancy to pre-school, so that everyone can experience what the Secret Garden has to offer.”
Nature Week is supported by Dr Raja Gangopadhyay – a consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist with a special interest in perinatal wellbeing and mental health – has also been invited to speak at The Secret Garden on Monday.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
He said: “Our mission is to encourage better self-care throughout pregnancy and beyond.
“Any service or space like The Secret Garden and MamaBabyBliss Sanctuary that enables mothers and pregnant women to come together for support and accessing self-care is essential.
“In a fast-paced world that revolves around technology – while this undoubtedly plays a necessary role in terms of providing information – nothing can ever be more important than re-enforcing human contact and connection, especially at what can be an overwhelming and lonely time for mothers and fathers.”
Nurture Week at The Secret Garden will take place from Monday until Friday. For more information on daily events, go to secretgardenhitchin.co.uk, call 01462 337531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.