Hitchin schools set for Big Match football fundraiser for Sport Relief
- Credit: Archant
Footballers from three Hitchin schools are to go head to head to raise money for Sport Relief.
The Big Match tournament at Hitchin Town’s Top Field ground will take place on Wednesday, March 21, with teams from Hitchin Boys’ School, Hitchin Girls’ School and The Priory School.
Staff from all three schools will each play a match, with the set of eight games starting at 5pm and going on until 9pm.
Hitchin Boys’ PE teacher Chris Bajak said: “This is the second time we have run this event, and we want to see students, staff and parents from all three schools as well as the general public coming along to support the teams and raise money for this great cause.
“Last year we raised £4,000, and we hope to beat that total this year.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be food and a licensed bar on the night. Tickets cost £2 each on the door or from each of the schools.
For more contact Mr Bajak on 01462 432181 or email@example.com.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round