Hitchin schoolgirl performs for Prince Charles
A SCHOOLGIRL violinist has added a string to her bow, after performing for Prince Charles at Sandringham Castle.
Abby Bowen, a Year 11 pupil at Priory School, played at the castle earlier this month.
The 15-year-old was there along with the rest of her quartet from the Royal College of Music in London.
Abby played music by Haydn, Mozart, Tchaikovsky and Brahms at the ceremony, which was held to present awards to Norfolk Constabulary, as well as at the reception that followed.
She said: “After speaking to the guests, he approached our quartet. He shook our hands and spoke to us about school, music and even the strikes, which had taken place before.
You may also want to watch:
“Everybody we met was incredibly kind and hospitable, and it was an amazing experience.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?