Hitchin schoolgirl performs for Prince Charles
A SCHOOLGIRL violinist has added a string to her bow, after performing for Prince Charles at Sandringham Castle.
Abby Bowen, a Year 11 pupil at Priory School, played at the castle earlier this month.
The 15-year-old was there along with the rest of her quartet from the Royal College of Music in London.
Abby played music by Haydn, Mozart, Tchaikovsky and Brahms at the ceremony, which was held to present awards to Norfolk Constabulary, as well as at the reception that followed.
She said: “After speaking to the guests, he approached our quartet. He shook our hands and spoke to us about school, music and even the strikes, which had taken place before.
“Everybody we met was incredibly kind and hospitable, and it was an amazing experience.”
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?