Hitchin school set to feature on BBC One programme Inside Out tonight as they tackle mental health issues
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin school is set to be featured on a BBC One programme tonight discussing suicide prevention and the wider topic of mental illness.
The Priory School, on Bedford Road, will be included in the BBC Inside Out series this evening from 7.30pm tying in with the broadcaster’s #InTheMInd campaign designed to raise awareness of mental health.
As part of the programme an emotional wellbeing unit visited the school to give a speech on youth wellbeing including the discussion of mental health issues.
Katie Southall, acting assistant head at the Priory, said: “The training delivered to the students has had an impact on them, and the community as well.”
Inside Out will air at 7.30pm, broadcast on BBC One’s London region.
You may also want to watch:
To join the debate use the hashtag #InTheMind.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?