Hitchin school set to feature on BBC One programme Inside Out tonight as they tackle mental health issues
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin school is set to be featured on a BBC One programme tonight discussing suicide prevention and the wider topic of mental illness.
The Priory School, on Bedford Road, will be included in the BBC Inside Out series this evening from 7.30pm tying in with the broadcaster’s #InTheMInd campaign designed to raise awareness of mental health.
As part of the programme an emotional wellbeing unit visited the school to give a speech on youth wellbeing including the discussion of mental health issues.
Katie Southall, acting assistant head at the Priory, said: “The training delivered to the students has had an impact on them, and the community as well.”
Inside Out will air at 7.30pm, broadcast on BBC One’s London region.
To join the debate use the hashtag #InTheMind.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening