Hitchin’s successful businesswomen stand in solidarity to mark today’s International Women’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Today is International Women’s Day – a worldwide event which celebrates women’s achievements from business to politics while calling for gender equality.
It has been marked since the early 1900s and is now recognised every year on March 8. It isn’t affiliated with any one group but brings together charities, businesses organisations and even governments.
A group of successful businesswomen in Hitchin came together to mark the achievements of local women running their own companies through a film which will inspire future generations of young women and girls.
The event and short film was the brainwave of local businesswoman, Anisha Joshi, owner of the Woodside Clinic in Hitchin.
Anisha told the Comet: “I had an idea to create a film to celebrate the success of Hitchin businesswomen and to inspire young girls that they can do anything.
“The women in this film represent different stages and different decisions, they show that regardless, you can have it all.”
The gathering was filmed by Dean White and Jamie Partridge of White Partridge Media, as the final part of a short film being produced to celebrate local businesswomen in time for International Women’s Day today.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
Use the hashtag #BeBoldForChange and #InternationalWomensDay.
You can see more here www.internationalwomensday.com.