Hitchin’s successful businesswomen stand in solidarity to mark today’s International Women’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Today is International Women’s Day – a worldwide event which celebrates women’s achievements from business to politics while calling for gender equality.
It has been marked since the early 1900s and is now recognised every year on March 8. It isn’t affiliated with any one group but brings together charities, businesses organisations and even governments.
A group of successful businesswomen in Hitchin came together to mark the achievements of local women running their own companies through a film which will inspire future generations of young women and girls.
The event and short film was the brainwave of local businesswoman, Anisha Joshi, owner of the Woodside Clinic in Hitchin.
Anisha told the Comet: “I had an idea to create a film to celebrate the success of Hitchin businesswomen and to inspire young girls that they can do anything.
You may also want to watch:
“The women in this film represent different stages and different decisions, they show that regardless, you can have it all.”
The gathering was filmed by Dean White and Jamie Partridge of White Partridge Media, as the final part of a short film being produced to celebrate local businesswomen in time for International Women’s Day today.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
Use the hashtag #BeBoldForChange and #InternationalWomensDay.
You can see more here www.internationalwomensday.com.