Hitchin’s Rhythms of the World kicks off today
HITCHIN’S Rhythms of the World festival kicks off today (Saturday), and organisers have promised it will be one to remember.
The world music festival will be held in Hitchin Priory Grounds, with the best local and international talents performing across several stages.
The likes of The Damned, Juju, Young Knives and The Boxettes will be showcasing what they’ve got, and there will also be food stands, craft and clothing stalls and a family area.
Gates open today at 11am and close at 9pm. Performances will start at noon and end at 11pm.
On Sunday, gates open at the same time, and will close slightly earlier at 8pm. Performances start at noon and end at 9pm.
Parking is available in Butts Close, with organisers encouraging people to car share, or use public transport.
They are also asking people where possible to avoid driving down Tilehouse Street and Bridge Street, to allow emergency services access at all times.
- 1 Rising costs see refill store in Letchworth close for good
- 2 Two men from North Herts wanted by police for failing to attend court
- 3 Family's car window smashed in overnight criminal damage
- 4 Stevenage store wins Opticians of the Year award
- 5 Henlow pub landlord calls last orders on annual beer festival
- 6 Celebrating 50 years of Stevenage's Fairlands Valley Park
- 7 Missing 16-year-old from Letchworth found 'safe and well'
- 8 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 9 Motorcyclist 'breaks leg and knee' in Stevenage crash
- 10 Man dies following medical episode at Stevenage Cineworld
Going to the festival? Tweet @thecomet24 your pictures, videos and views, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also submit multi-media at www.iwitness24.co.uk
And keep an eye out for Comet news hound Sniffer - tweet, email or submit your photos of yourself with him, and the best will win a prize.