Hitchin’s Rhythms of the World kicks off today
HITCHIN’S Rhythms of the World festival kicks off today (Saturday), and organisers have promised it will be one to remember.
The world music festival will be held in Hitchin Priory Grounds, with the best local and international talents performing across several stages.
The likes of The Damned, Juju, Young Knives and The Boxettes will be showcasing what they’ve got, and there will also be food stands, craft and clothing stalls and a family area.
Gates open today at 11am and close at 9pm. Performances will start at noon and end at 11pm.
On Sunday, gates open at the same time, and will close slightly earlier at 8pm. Performances start at noon and end at 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
Parking is available in Butts Close, with organisers encouraging people to car share, or use public transport.
They are also asking people where possible to avoid driving down Tilehouse Street and Bridge Street, to allow emergency services access at all times.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
Going to the festival? Tweet @thecomet24 your pictures, videos and views, or email email@example.com
You can also submit multi-media at www.iwitness24.co.uk
And keep an eye out for Comet news hound Sniffer - tweet, email or submit your photos of yourself with him, and the best will win a prize.